Winter Garden aGlow at Idaho Botanical Garden
The 13th Annual Winter Garden aGlow lights the sky at the Idaho Botanical Garden in Boise, Idaho. Visit our dazzling display of 250,000 sparkling lights and color artfully displayed throughout the holiday season. Stroll to the top of the Lewis & Clark Native Plant Garden for panoramic views of the Treasure Valley lights. Enjoy a magical evening with family and friends with all the traditional trimmings: hot refreshments, holiday music, and the warmth of roaring bonfires. Join us for the Garden’s largest fundraiser of the year! Proceeds benefit the Garden’s education and horticulture programs all year long.
Answers to Winter Garden aGlow FAQ’s
- It takes over 1000 hours of preparation to put on this display.
- We start designing and hanging displays in September.
- Over two and one-half miles of extension cords supply electricity to the strands.
- It takes approximately 600 volunteers to help staff the 37 nights of this event.
- We serve approximately 263 gallons of apple cider, 9,516 servings of cocoa, and 19,500 cookies!
- We burn about five cords of wood to help keep you warm!
- 2009 is the 13th year for Winter Garden aGlow. We started in 1997 with 15,000 lights. We were open for 7 nights. The attendance was 1,350 people.
- Last year it was open for 41 nights and attendance was over 34,000 people.
- There are now approximately 250,000 lights covering 11 acres of Garden.
- The event continues to expand its use of LED lights, which reduces energy consumption 600% over conventional incandescent mini-lights.